Even though there are no available records, we were informed by Mr B S Perera (who served the Association for 28 long years) that the inception of the Ceylon Schools Cricket Association was started in 1915, but in 1922 it died a natural death due to lack of interest and members.
Then in 1945, Ceylon Schools Cricket Association was formed for the second time with Rev J S Cartman, the then Principal of Wesley College, playing a key role. There was an approximate membership of sixteen cricket playing schools, namely Wesley College, Royal College, St Anthony’s College Katugastota, St Thomas College Mount Lavinia, St Aloysius College Galle, Prince of Wales College, Zahira College Maradana, etc
The first known President of the Association was Rev J S Cartman, Principal of Wesley College who was a Cricket enthusiast and ran the Association from 1946 to 1950, with the Founder Secretary Mr Cyril O Ekanayake and Treasurer Mr Stanley Fernando
The Executive Committee comprised of members from the above mentioned schools.
The initial membership fee was a meager Rs 20/- per year, which too was paid with great reluctance as there was not much interest from the Schools.
There was a “Diamond Jubilee” celebration held during the term of the Executive Committee, elected for the 1998/99 term.